Interested in Volunteering?
Enter your information below and a member of the CIS Team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to speaking with you!
** We will never use your information for anything other than reaching out to you about volunteering opportunities. Your information will never be shared outside of our organization. Please note, not everyone who applies to be a volunteer will become a volunteer.
We are here to listen…not to work miracles…
We are here to help people discover what they are feeling, not to make the feelings go away…
We are here to help people identify their options, not to decide for them what they need to do…
We are here to discuss steps with people, not take steps for them…
We are here to help people discover their own strength, not to rescue them and still leave them vulnerable…
We are here to help people learn to choose, not to make it unnecessary for them to make difficult choices…
We are here to provide support for change…
Staff and Volunteers at CIS Affirm That:
- They will not discriminate against or refuse professional services to anyone on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, religion, nationality or sexual orientation.
- Will not engage in or condone any form of harassment or discrimination.
- Will evidence a genuine interest in all persons served, and our clients best interests in helping them help themselves.
- Respect the privacy of persons served and hold in confidence all information obtained in the course of professional service.
- Will maintain confidentiality when storing or disposing of client records.
- Upon termination with the CIS organization; will maintain client and co-worker confidentiality, and will hold as confidential any information obtained concerning CIS.
- Will respect the views of colleagues, and treat them with fairness, courtesy and good faith.
- Will not exploit the trust of the public.
- Will extend respect and cooperation to colleagues of all professions.
- When serving a client of a colleague during a temporary absence or emergency, will serve that client with the same consideration afforded any client.
- Will accurately represent education, training, experience and competencies and will not advise on problems outside the bounds of their competence.
- Will abide by CIS policies and procedures.
- Will commit to provide the highest quality of service to those who seek our professional assistance.
- Will continually assess strengths, limitations, biases and effectiveness.
- Will strive to become and remain proficient in professional practice and the performance of professional functions.
- Will act in accordance with standards of professional integrity.
CIS staff, board and other volunteers will uphold and execute the CIS Internal Financial Controls policy. CIS will report on all funds received promptly, thoroughly and informatively to all funding agencies, foundations, groups or persons.
Want to Help Locally?
There are a variety of ways you can support the CIS mission. We are always looking for volunteers to assist us, but if you are unable to donate your time, we do accept monetary donations and physical items.